Becky's Big Adventure

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Update

Hey y'all
I wanted to post pictures this time but i was in a rush when i left my house and grabbed the wrong cord to connect my camera to the computer in the internet cafe, so pictures will have to wait... sorry.
Many things have happened in the last 3 or 4 weeks since my last post, first my friend Wesley found and gave me a kitten, he is tiny, Dark grey and white, and adorable, his name is Eddie and he keeps me from being lonely when i am at home by myself (Pictures to come)
Next last weekend I went to the Province just north of me called Sukothai, where there was massive flooding, I went to help my friends Maeve and Arnold clean their houses up after being flooded out, I have some cool pictures of the flood water that hadnt been pumped away, but once again (pictures to come)
I am currently trying to find a tutor to help me with my thai since this language is one of the hardest languages in the world and i dont have a particular talent for languages.
also one of the women from the office thought i was lonely so she rounded up some 11 year old girls from the neighborhood I live in and had them come over to "play", so far we have played badmitton, and gone to the temple to watch the monkey that wanders around there,
Pre Service Training 2 is coming up and we are going to the beach for 2 weeks and i am so excited cause i have never been to the beach in thailand

alright ill write more when i remember the cord for my camera...

and jacki- just remember to trust... its hard i know... being hard and cynical is a great way of protecting yourself but its no way to live... just go with the flow and have fun... you never know what will happen ;) (and now i have to follow my own advice haha)

love ya and miss ya
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home