Becky's Big Adventure

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Moving to site soon


Ok first of all I would like to apologize (especially to aunt karen) for my poor grammar... my head is so full of thai grammar and language that worrying about grammar in english just never occured to me

Just an update, tonight is my last night in my host family house, my meh breaks my heart because she helped me pack and she would cry, but I was able to talk to her about how to get to my site from her house by bus in Thai (using a lot of the vocabulary that I learned in language class which made my ajang very happy) on Saturday my training class will be traveling to Bangkok for our last week of training, we swear in as volunteers on Friday and then we go off to site with our counterparts, aka nice thai people who don't speak any english, so it should be interesting.

Im not sure when I will be moving into my own place at site, but when I do Ill let you all know, but not on this site because that is not allowed

I love you guys and i am sorry that I dont keep in touch better, that will hopefully get better after training when my time becomes my own again,

and lastly


I would just like to share this picture with you all because it was like pulling teeth to get my family to pose for this, they kept saying it would be
"mii suai" which means "not beautiful"
my answer to that was "that's the point"

I just think its great

Love ya and miss ya,

Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home