Becky's Big Adventure

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, April 07, 2006

More pictures for those of you bothering me about it... *cough cough mom*



Back in training, one person patches a tire while we all stand around looking busy... we like to say we are helping but who are we kidding
(from left: Jenny, Pam, Ron, one of the PC drivers, Arnold, Meegan)









My family wanted to have my Farang (Foreigner) friends over for lunch the last Sunday at our training site, these are the people willing to ditch there families to come to my house j/k
(from left: Paulo, Reuben, Mollie, Brian P, Aui, ?, Bonnie, Chai(my sisters boyfriend), ME, Meh, Nong, ?, ?)
the "?" are my sisters friends, i can not for the life of me remember their names oops









Paulo and Amanda acting stupid in the hotel when we got to bangkok, what they are doing is from some Mad TV skit about anna nicole smith that Paulo loves,(do you know what he is talking about Rob cause I have no idea)













Some of the women from the government office I work at
( From Left: Noi, Nan, Jai, Get)
They are great and patient, I had no idea where we were going when I got in the car, we went to the hot springs not too far from my site










they insisted on getting me in a shot
not all that exciting, although I color-coordinated my outfit splendidly that day














there were about 300+ Thai men on these little rafts throwing nets out to catch fish for a "Big Fish" contest, the winning fish was a monster
it was actually really cool to watch believe it or not













action shot
















this is a usual site at the office
me looking confused and my friends searching in a dictionary to find the word for me to make me unconfused (they are gonna have to look a long time before that happens)

I love it, they are too much

(Noi, Me, Jai)






well thats it i have been tying up the phone line at my homestay for too long I hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks for caring about what im up to,
miss you and love you
Becky
Thai nickname "Dang-qua"
(it means cucumber, if you laugh at that you are not the only one, every Thai person I tell laughs, thanks to Meh and Aui for giving me the nickname that brings laughter to EVERYONE)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home